Thursday, November 1, 2007

Writing through the noise

Well, I'm either gutsy, masochistic, or both.

Probably both.

I just offered to cover the campus Israel-Palestine dialogue series for the local paper. Set to print Nov. 29.

In my own defense, I'd like to say that I told my editors I've shared meals with at least half the people I'll be interviewing. But yes, I can write a fair and un-biased account, and yes, I can probably make this work between paper/presentation deadlines, reading, and grading. To be honest, aside from the interviews, I could probably write the thing in my sleep...

It's just a "touchy" subject, and I think it's hilarious that I went from "I'm never going to another I-P dialogue again!" to "Ummm, I'm going to attend each event in this series, and then write about it for the local paper" in the span of five years.

Masochism, for sure.

No comments: